Saturday, June 30, 2007

Happy Half to Us, One-Third to Baby!

Today is our half anniversary, which somehow seems more bona fide than the two-week or three-and-a-half-month kind which, if announced, makes people smile, pat you on the head, and say "Oh, you newlyweds..." Then again, maybe not.

In other news, Crawbaby is coming along quite nicely. We're nearly into the second trimester, which I hear puts one out of morning sickness danger and into energy overdrive. Since I've been feeling so well throughout the first, I'm curious to see if the second will be much different. We have a prenatal visit at the birthing center scheduled for Friday the 13th, and hope to get a little more heartbeat action. Here's a (scary red) approximation of Crawbaby's current appearance:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Half Anniversary! (They're perfectly legit to celebrate...)
I'm glad you've been feeling so well. You have a lot of fun things to look forward to in the second tri! I just thought it was the best deal in the world to hear the heartbeat at every checkup after that 12 week sonogram...it's a glorious sound. As you know, sometime in the second trimester you'll also feel the baby move!! Those small pokes and flutters are wonderful, and they only get more and more pronounced!
How many people have told you that the second trimester is the "honeymoon" of pregnancy?! If they haven't yet, they probably will... John and I enjoyed keeping track of the quantity of times we heard the pregnancy cliches...
Blessings!
Naomi

Beth Crawford said...

Hi Naomi,

Yep, I've heard the honeymoon one! Baby/pregnancy cliches seem very similar to wedding ones: "Just you wait till..." But I AM looking forward to many things to come, especially to feeling the baby and to looking pregnant and not just overfed. :-)

I hope you and Lizzie are well and prospering this side of pregnancy? We'd certainly enjoy the chance to see you all again soon.

Cheers! Beth